The institutional framework – Structures responsible for the implementation of the Lithuania-Poland-Russia 2007-2013 Programme:
• The Joint Monitoring Committee (JMC).
• The Joint Managing Authority (JMA): The Ministry of Regional Development (Territorial Cooperation Department).
• The Joint Technical Secretariat (JTS) located in the state-budget unit of the Centre of European Projects in Warsaw.
• Branches of JTS in Olsztyn, Vilnius and Kaliningrad.
The main service of L-P-R CBC ENPI 2007-2013: http://www.lt-pl-ru.eu/news.php
Priority 1: Contributing to solving common problems and challenges
Action 1.2: Improving accessibility
The General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways is the beneficiary of the project implemented under the Lithuania-Poland-Russia Cross-Border Cooperation Programme 2007-2013, Expansion of the national road No. 65 along the Gołdap – Kowale Oleckie section.
This investment is co-financed from the funds of the European Union (the European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument) and the Russian Federation.
The modernized national road No. 65 will improve the road connection to the Kaliningrad Region. This project is locationally bound to the two investments implemented in 2008-2010. From the north, it is the ring road of Gołdapia (5.6 km) completed in the fourth quarter of 2010, and from the south, the section of the national road No. 65 in the town of Kowale Oleckie (about 3 km) rebuilt in 2009. In 2013, the Olecko ring road was constructed about 15 km south of Kowale Oleckie (7.6 km).
The total value of the project is EUR 11.5 million, the level of funding from the EU is EUR 10 million.
The extension of the road will be realized by Strabag company, which has declared to perform the task at the lowest price - PLN 53 995 950.61 and in the shortest possible time, i.e. up to 5 July 2014. After the expansion the road will have a maximum load of 115 kN/axle. The roadway width will amount to 8 m – two lanes, 3.5 m each and bitumen shoulders, with width of 0.5 m on both sides.
The task includes, among other things:
• reconstructing and strengthening the road surface at the length of 15.6 km;
• widening the roadway;
• reconstruction of intersections;
• construction and reconstruction of bus lay-bys;
• construction and reconstruction of pavements;
• regulation of road drainage;
• reconstruction of the existing technical infrastructure equipment;
• reconstruction and construction of lighting.